Case Study: Replidyne: Setting the stage for a successful IPO
IGNITE established a guidance / strategy policy that communicated the companies growth strategy and established the foundation a successful IPO.
Initial Public Offering Case Study
Replidyne, now part of Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (NASD:CSII), retained IGNITE Consulting to position the company for a successful IPO.
IGNITE helped Replidyne:
- Create compelling messaging;
- Establish a guidance policy/strategy;
- Effectively communicate the company’s growth strategy;
- Target priority investors, based on the company’s investment profile;
- Engage with bankers in the IPO allocation process; and
- Establish the foundation for an ongoing IR program, including developing IR website content, an efficient quarterly earnings process, and providing training on disclosure, trading regulations and policies.
- Replidyne’s IPO was successfully completed and priced close to target, despite a tight IPO market;
- Management gained instant credibility with a focused guidance policy and an effective quarterly earnings process;
- The Company received favorable comments and ratings in analyst reports from Merrill Lynch & Co., Morgan Stanley, Cowen & Co., Pacific Growth Equities, and others;
- Replidyne merged with Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. in February 2009.