Case Study: Spectra Logic: Changing market perceptions and boosting share
Changing Market Perceptions/Increasing Market Share
Slow sales of a new line of disk products and existing market perceptions that ‘Tape is Dead’ brought Spectra Logic to IGNITE Consulting for a PR program that would re-energize its market presence and drive awareness of its new solutions.
IGNITE designed a three-phase PR program aimed at creating awareness, improving product perceptions and increasing visibility of Spectra Logic’s new product line.
- Phase I: Foundation/positioning. IGNITE strengthened Spectra Logic’s corporate and product messaging and helped to make it clear and consistent, emphasizing customer benefits rather than product attributes.
- Phase II: Education. IGNITE re-introduced Spectra Logic to the analyst and press community, then consistently maintained important industry relationships, educating the market on Spectra’s vision, innovations and solutions.
- Phase III: Increased Visibility. IGNITE implemented a smart combination of traditional PR campaigns and social media techniques to gain and maximize visibility.
- Exceptional results. The company re-introduction and initial launch resulted in 23 features, and numerous mentions in key industry articles. In addition, blog and Twitter activity was initiated and quickly ramped.
- Increased sales. Generated leads were up 80 percent with the re-introduction and increased visibility, with more than 100 qualified leads generated in a single day.
- Increased demand for disk product line. Demand for tape products increased, and the disk product line became Spectra’s fastest growing segment.
- Dramatically increased brand visibility and coverage. Spectra Logic achieved a 400 percent return on investment on IGNITE’s PR program in the first six months.