With a strong Wall Street background in equity research and business development, Glenn brings a strong knowledge of investor relations and strategic communications to clients. He has 18 years of experience as a well-respected, equity sell-side analyst at Needham & Company LLC and a previous five-year career in M&A / Corporate Finance. Glenn has extensive experience marketing investment ideas to a broad range of institutional investors as well as coaching both public and pre-IPO companies to communicate persuasively with the investment community.
As Managing Director at Needham (1996 – 2014), Glenn was deeply involved with numerous technology related IPOs, M&As and follow-on financings, primarily in the data storage sector but also in supercomputing, software, networking and big data analytics. Glenn moved to Colorado in late 2014 to become the Vice President of Business and Corporate Development at Dot Hill Systems, now part of Seagate Technology LLC. While at Dot Hill / Seagate, Glenn applied his research skills and network of Wall Street and C-level contacts to identify, contact, qualify and advance new OEM sales opportunities in targeted vertical markets including video surveillance, big data, storage and security. Career highlights include:
- Developing extensive expertise in deep industry and company specific research, due diligence, valuation, investment theses, and financial analysis and modeling.
- Authoring the first comprehensive thematic report on Data Storage Area Networking (SAN) on Wall Street in 1998, establishing credibility as a subject matter expert, and positioning Needham to become a dominant sell-side firm in the sector over the next 18 years.
- Advising senior management on investor relations activities and issues.
- Developing and implementing a methodical process to research vertical markets and to identify, qualify and connect with prospects, significantly improving the existing “ad hoc” sales approach.
- Establishing numerous warm leads with leading vendors in video surveillance, big data, telco and storage/security, representing potentially $25 – $50M/ year of new sales pipeline opportunity.
Glenn received his MBA from the Wharton School and Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Princeton University.